This is the hard-nosed version. There is also a ‘Care, Guidance and Protection’ policy that I follow, which is the overriding ethos of my business. It is in article form, and can be read here.
What Personal Information About Customers Does AlisonBeere.com Gather?
The information I learn from customers and subscribers helps me personalise and continually improve your learning & sales experience at AlisonBeere.com. Here are the types of information I gather.
Information You Give Me: I receive and store any information you enter on my website or give me in any other way. Go to the subscribe page to see examples of what I collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of my features.
I use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future product sales offers for you, improving my services, and communicating with you.
Information from Other Sources: At this point, I receive no information from other sources.
What About Cookies?
• At this point, I do not insert cookies into your computer system. If in future I do so, I will put that information here.
• The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, I keep my cookies on, and I recommend you do too. It helps you to access features that you may not have access to, if it is turned off.
Does AlisonBeere.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about my customers is an important part of my business, and I am not in the business of selling it to others.
Affiliated Businesses I Do Not Control: I work closely with my affiliated businesses. I provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses.
While I make every effort to give you the best advice I can, I indemnify myself against any change in policy or tactics of my partners. You are requested to do your own due diligence, if you should have any doubts.
- Agents: I employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on my behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, analysing data, processing credit card payments, and organising workshops. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As I continue to develop my business, I might sell or buy companies, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that AlisonBeere.com, some or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of AlisonBeere.com: I release account and other personal information when I believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; or protect the rights, property, or safety of AlisonBeere.com, my users, or others.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
Only people I personally authorise to work in my business have access to the information that you give us when you subscribe or become a member. NO ONE ELSE has access to this information and it will never be sold or rented.
AlisonBeere.com does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use AlisonBeere.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.